Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Dance Exercise DVD Addiction

I don't know why, but I'm addicted to cardio dance dvds even though I cannot dance at all! I have perchased probably a good $100 (at roughly $10/dvd) on cardio dance workouts. I've tried Denise Austin's, The firm: Cardio Dance, 10 Minute Solutions Latin Dance, 10 Min. Solutions Dance off Fat Fast, Dancing With the Stars, Dancing With the Stars Latin, etc., etc., and even have more pre-ordered on the way. No matter how hard I try, though, I am still awful, even though I have a dancer's build (all that build gone to waste). When I tell friends and colleagues how awful I am, they can't believe it! And I know what they're probably thinking: How you gon' be black and not have no rhythm? Well I don't.

And if you're still not convinced, I have the testimonies of my mom, sis, dad, and the beloved spouse to attest to my two left feet (although the spouse said I didn't look bad doing the Latin salsa and cautioned me to stay AWAY from hip hop.) Despite try after try showing my family the new steps I learned, all I get is hysterical laughter. They also recommend that I do not dance in public (I wish the parents of the kids who try out for American Idol when they suck would heed the advice like that given by my family to spare humiliation, but I digress.)

Needless to say, isn't it bizzare to have a hobby, do it every day, and be awful at it?

1 comment:

Kelly McCue said...

I know exactly what you mean, I just love dance exercise, so I really got to give you on dancing, I remember I just looked amazing when I used to dance on a regular basis Even Tina Turner say’s it’s her best kept secret. I too have no rhythm and think I have 2 left feet but I found a great dance exercise video that seems to be getting great press called DanceX with Kenn Kihiu from http://www.dancexfitness.com; one word amazing. It’s fun easy to follow with some great music. There is a lady in the background who looks just like me and she seems to be just fighting to keep up with the instructor so it makes me feel like I'm not all alone. Made me feel young again, maybe I might grub my hubby and twist his arm for a night out of town